FiscalGeek Podcast – Volume 1

in Podcast

Howdy just wanted to introduce our first volume of our new Podcast series. I’ve got some exciting topics lined up and hope you subscribe to our RSS feed so you’re sure not to miss an episode. Todays podcast includes an interview with Tim a 9 year old (and my son) who has some surprising insight into the personal finance world. We cover such topics as saving to buy a house, why credit cards are evil, how the debt snowball works and the importance of “emergency money” as Tim calls it. Thanks for listening and be sure and submit some of your own ideas for upcoming podcasts.
[podcast]http://www.fiscalgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/tim_interview.mp3[/podcast]

Financial Samurai 2010/03/02 at 11:14 pm

Best response from Tim “Credit cards are EVIL!” hahahaha, love it!
.-= Financial Samurai´s last blog ..Home Mortgage Refinancing Tips =-.

paul 2010/03/03 at 7:40 am

He’s funny about that. I’ve had to stop him from interrogating his buddies parents about their credit card usage habits. I love his passion but he is still 9 after all.

Financial Samurai 2010/03/04 at 6:33 am

Sweet. You know one thing. He ain’t gonna grow up and blow his finances up!
.-= Financial Samurai´s last blog ..Treat Your Job As If You Won The Lottery =-.

Austin 2010/03/03 at 12:53 am

Wow, I’m impressed by this kid.

“And I want to be a pro basketball player.”

Down to Earth, but shooting for the stars.

Good stuff, Paul!
.-= Austin´s last blog ..How to Save for Retirement While Working Abroad =-.

paul 2010/03/03 at 7:39 am

Thanks Austin he’s a great kid and makes dad proud. What he doesn’t mention is that he’s about the shortest guy on his team but has a sincere passion, I love it.

Angela 2010/03/03 at 3:35 pm

A house and a car for $1000.00, he’s a bargain shopper alright. :)

Patrenia 2010/03/04 at 5:56 am

This is too cute! He is a bright young man…I know that you must be proud. I agree with Angela…Can he come and do my shopping for me? :-)

LeanLifeCoach 2010/03/05 at 4:32 am

Way to go Dad, the world would be a much better place if all parents would teach their kids like you have!
.-= LeanLifeCoach´s last blog ..5 Ways People Waste Money =-.